Despite the total disregard for my well-being, I’m the epitome of health. So, this isn’t meant to be a morbid post, but one that celebrates all the wonderful moments one may crave from the sport they love. I seem to always miss the big ones. I moved to Tampa just months after they won the Stanley Cup. The Carolina Hurricanes raised the Cup just a year before I rolled into town. I’m from Cleveland, I’m used to disappointment, but here are some hockey moments I hope to have before the Big guy calls me home.
The Minor, Yet Amusing
- I want to see the tucking of the jerseys rule banished. Poor Semin.
- I want to watch an OSU hockey game in Columbus…preferably against Michigan and with former Buckeye, Zac Dalpe.
- I want to make Jeff Skinner laugh which doesn’t seem that difficult.
- I want to go to a Winter Classic game in Detroit with my brother.
- I want to be a season ticket holder again without going bankrupt.
- For a Cleveland NHL team to win the Stanley Cup (I just gave myself goosebumps.). Hey, it may be more possible than the Browns winning a championship.
- To be with Henrik Lundqvist…when he shoots a Head & Shoulders commercial.
- To have Tim Gleason drop gloves with the douche that dated me on a bet in high school. I should have known better than to go out with a basketball player.
- To drink a beer with Casey Borer while watching Bobby Goepfert do karaoke. And since he mentioned it, watch Geffman score a goal.
- Skate with Angela Ruggiero.
- Write an article on Puck Daddy in collaboration with Greg Wyshynski.
- The Lake Erie Monsters to win the Calder Cup (after the Charlotte Checkers do, of course). Again, will probably happen before the Browns.
- Punch a Sabres fan in the face that deserves it – which means I’ll have plenty of opportunities.
- To attend a NHL game in Canada. Seems so easy, right?
- Have a goalie mask designed just for me. I’ve never been a goalie and doubt I ever will, but I’d wear the shit with pride…to work…and the grocery store.
- To thank Ryan Getzlaf for raising money to help cure Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- And finally, for my boys of the Carolina Hurricanes to win that big, beautiful trophy WHILE I’m living in North Carolina.
There it is fellow puck lovers. What’s on your hockey bucket list?